The shoe factory's foundation hails from 1891, when Pietro Martegani and his wife Ida decided to start up a shoe factory in Legnano. With the dramatic social situation and the fiscal worsening the Martegani's business spirit didn't let to discourage himself, in fact in 1911 the factory, in Legnano, kept busy fifty workers. Before the first world war the factory was moved to Tradate and, after the war, began a expansion period reaching market like Austria Germany and Siria. In the 20s the factory's management passed to Ettore Martegani, Pietro's son, and in 1926 kept busy 150 workers.
The story proceed with prestige and crisis, the second world war and in 1957 Romano Martegani, with his father and his sisters, restarted founding Tradate's shoe factory. The business development continue up to the trademark became a focus in Italy and abroad Italy. In 1985 with 66 employees and a subsidiary in the USA the factory recall itself “Romano Martegani” and became the focus trademark of the Italian shoe in the USA. "These are the showroom's years in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and the company's centenary."