The traditional workshop in the inner city of Vienna was established in the year 1927, Georg Materna then took over the shop in the year 1973 and moved to Mahlerstrasse.
Beside numerous decorations on international shoemaker-competitions Materna was honoured with the profession and title "Kommerzialrat" by the president of Austria Thomas Klestil 1996.
Georg Materna made his decision in his early youth. He obtained his master exam in the Year 1962. The strength of our company was and is the making of women and men shoes in top quality and of ageless elegance