The first Maison Steiger’s workshop was created in 1932 by Walter Steiger and was taken over by Walter Junior after his apprenticeship with a sincere desire to preserve the shoemaking heritage of his father.
In 1967, after few years in London and Paris, Steiger’s first ready-to-wear collection saw the light of day in Paris. The identity of the House is indeed rooted in the 1960’s, during the Parisian Haute Couture’s golden era. Steiger’s style is characterized by the cleanliness of the lines and proportions, and its creations have been since then admired and magnified by the most important fashion and art protagonists.
Today, Steiger’s bespoke shoemaking is still realized in its Parisian workshop on avenue Matignon, where the most innovative models are declined into ready-to-wear pieces.
RTW, MTO, Bespoke