Sanders & Sanders Ltd. (or Sander Bros. as it was first named) was established in 1873 by Brothers William and Thomas Sanders of Rushden, Northamptonshire.
By 1873, they and their five craftsmen had a workshop in the centre of Rushden town. The labour was hard; the hours were long and with only five men to accompany them they were faced with an on going endeavour. However it wasn’t long before they moved premises further up the street into a larger building. Despite this the struggle still continued.
Business was booming, profits were up, but tragedy struck in 1924 in what Mr W Sanders himself could only describe as one of the ‘biggest blows’ he’d ever had. The cause of the fire remains a mystery, but it was believed to of started in the clicking department as that was the first area to be completely destroyed when the fire brigade had arrived. A London newspaper reported that the estimated damage reached £45,000.
The Sanders brothers went on to rebuilding the factory in the most modern, up to date style inside and out and installed the latest B.U machinery.
However a year after this ordeal, Mr William Sanders retired leaving the Business in the hands of his three sons, William, Thomas and Leslie. The company is now in its 4th generation of Sanders.Being awarded the coveted ISO9002 (BS5750) Quality assurance accreditation.
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom