Franz Baron set up shop in Vienna in 1860. The talented Silesian shoemaker spent his journeyman years previously far away from the home. Impressed by the fashion world in Paris and the simple elegance of the rising bourgeoisie in England, he brought a breath of fresh air to the capital of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Franz Baron combines the artisanal tradition of Austria-Hungary with the elegance of English style. His shoes have an elongated shape and are flatter and sharper than the current models of his contemporaries. The company is the official supplier of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra since 2012.